Money is so inextricably woven into the fabric of our lives that it has become fundamental to our survival. It affects almost everything we do, and yet we actually know very little about it. Bernard Lietaer, co-founder of the Euro once said:
"Most people consider money to be a passive medium of exchange.... They assume that it doesn't affect the type of transactions that are being performed or the relationships between the people. Both of these assumptions however, have been proven to be false... We have a number of studies that demonstrate very clearly that depending on what one uses as a means of exchange, the relationships between the people are different" [Rosenblith, 2009].
Consider for a moment that the way in which money is accumulated and used actually changes the way in which we interact with each other. The implications of this are enormous and forces us to reconsider the fabric of exchange on which our global society is built. It is particularly important for Muslims to be aware of the dynamics of the current monetary system because ignorance about it can tangle up your financial present and future in a web of riba.
There are many myths about the monetary system that make it increasingly difficult for Muslims to make financial decisions that are beneficial for this world and the Hereafter.
To help make sense of the madness, Islamic Online University presents, “Money Myth” by Sr. Hamida Mubasshera to unravel the pros and cons of the current monetary system.
In this course, You Will Learn:
- Overview of the current monetary system and its implication on our daily life
- Reasons why the cost of living keeps going up and up
- Whether riba can be justified due to inflation or not
- Why most of us are engrossed in debt and why the number of bankruptcies are on rise.
- & so much more!
You Will Receive:
- Four LIVE classroom sessions, with a question and answer period following each
- Beautifully designed presentations for your personal usage
- A ‘Certificate of Completion’ delivered to your residence for an additional nominal fee
This course is 100% free! Please take advantage of this golden opportunity